Removal of Degree methods for Trig functions

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I have decided that the interest of keeping NeturalMath as easy to use as possible, I am going to remove the duplicate degree/radian functions.  There are two reasons for this decision.  The first is that it takes twice as much work to develop, test and maintain two sets of methods.  The second is that most "Natural Math" operations assume that you are using radians, and therefore it is an unnecessary complexity to keep a two sets.  From now on, there will only be a single set of trigonometry methods, which expect parameters in radians. 

Furthermore, I am removing the trig functions for secant, cosecant and cotangent along with their inverse (arc), hyperbolic functions.  All inverse hyperbolic functions are also being removed.  Again, this decision was made in order to expedite the first release of NM by targeting only the most commonly used mathematical functions.  The intention is to provide the core functionality through built-in system functions, then expand out to the full set of trigonometric functions through system libraries.  I promise that each and every one of these functions will be implemented through a trig library in the full 1.0 release.

The degrees() and radians() system functions will continue to be maintained.